The Grand and General Council of San Marino has elected Their Excellencies, Mr Oscar Mina II and Mr Paolo Rondelli I, to serve as Captains Regent of San Marino for the period 01 April- 01 October 2022.
HE Mr Oscar Mina II
HE Mr Oscar Mina has served previously as a Captain Regent during the period 1st April – 1st October 2009. He was born on September 24, 1958, in Serravalle, resident there, Republic of San Marino.
By professional training, he is an Industrial Expert. His political career started in 1998 when he joined the Christian Democratic Party of San Marino
- Member of the Great and General Council since June 2006;
- Deputy Head of the Council Group of the PDCS from 2008 to 2016;
- Member of the Finance Commission in 2006 – 2007;
- Member of the Interparliamentary Commission in 2006 – 2007;
- Member of the Justice Affairs Commission in 2007;
- Member of the Council of XII from 2008 to 2012;
- Member of the Council of XII from 2017 to today;
- Member of the OSCE PA Parliamentary Delegation from 2006 to 2011;
- Head of the OSCE PA Parliamentary Delegation from 2012 to 2016;
- Member of the OSCE PA Parliamentary Delegation from 2016 to 2019; Head of the OSCE PA Parliamentary Delegation since 2020 (Special Representative for Disinformation and Propaganda of the OSCE PA since 2020);
- President of the Health Commission, Environment Territory from 2012 to 2016; President of the Health Commission, Environment territory from 2020;
- Head of Delegation of the Presidents of Parliaments in the Conference of Small States in 2015 in the Principality of Monaco;
- Member of the Delegation representing the Presidents of the Parliaments in the Conference of Small States 2018 in the Principality of Lichtenstein;
- Government Mayor from 2011 to 2016
HE Mr Paolo Rondelli I
HE Mr Paolo Rondelli was born in San Marino in 1963 and has served his country over the years as a civil servant and diplomat, up to being appointed Ambassador to the USA (2007 – 2016), Ambassador and Permanent Representative to UNESCO (2016 – 2019), National Commissioner at the 56th and 57th Biennale of Visual Arts in Venice and at the 17th Architecture Biennale and Director of Cultural Institutes, a position currently held.
He is a Member of the Grand and General Council since December 2019, where he holds the role of President of the Permanent Council Commission II (Foreign Affairs) and that of Government Mayor. In addition, he is a member of the National Delegations to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and the Inter-Parliamentary Union.
He graduated in Chemical Engineering in 1990. He holds a Level II Master in Historical Communication and completed a Postgraduate Course in Environmental Sciences and Technologies, all qualifications obtained at the University of Bologna.
He has received the following honours:
- 2000 – Commander of Melitense of Merit of the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta;
- 2006 – Knight of Merit of the Italian Republic;
- 2007 – Knight of the Ordre des Palmes Académiques of the French Republic
He is an active member of the “Alan Turing” Arcigay Rimini Social Promotion Association, of which he was a member of the Board and Vice President from 2018 to 2021.
HE Mr Paolo Rondelli is the first-ever member of the LGBTQ+ community to be elected to such a high position in San Marino.