If a child is born in the UK and at least one of the parents is a San Marino citizen, the child can be registered in San Marino to obtain citizenship by their parent who needs to follow these steps:
- Please fill out the citizenship request form (form must be signed by both parents);
- Attach a full birth certificate (long form) in original (not photocopies) completed with the ‘’Apostille’’ (please read the information on document legalisation).
- Attach a translation in Italian of Birth Certificate
- Attach a photocopy of both parents’ valid ID;
- If the parents have not registered their marriage in San Marino – please attach also the original marriage certificate
- Please send all the above documentation to:
Consulate of the Republic of San Marino
15-17 Saint Cross Street
EC1N 8UW – United Kingdom
Please be informed that in case of incorrect or incomplete documentation, your application will not be processed.
If the documentation is complete and correct and the application can be processed, please be aware that ORIGINAL certificates will not be returned.
Should you wish to apply for your child’s PASSPORT, please include in the same envelope the relevant application form for obtaining a passport. Please click here for more information.
NOTICE: The Consulate may return the documentation to those who will request such service and after having received by the applicant a pre-stamped self-addressed envelope (Special Delivery).