Staying with your child if he or she goes to school

If the reason for staying in the UK is to stay with your child because your child is attending an English school, you will not need a visa if your stay is for less than 6 months. However, you must carry the same documents that you need to apply for a visa to show to officials at the UK border.

If you have a criminal record or have previously been refused entry to the UK, it is advisable to apply for a visa.

If your stay is longer than 6 months you will be able to apply for a Parent of a Child Student visa if your child is under 12 years old and attends a full-time public school.

The Honorary Consulate of San Marino endeavours to keep the information above updated but strongly recommends checking the UK government website for any eventual changes.