On the 3rd of May 2020, the San Marino Government released the new arrangements for phase 2 during this COVID-19.
The Decree-Law no. 68 clarifies what has changed and what remains unchanged compared to phase 1.
The new measures are in place since the 5th of May 2020. The Italian version of the document can be found at the end of this article. Here you can find a translation of the Decree-Law in English.
Article no. 1
Movements within the San Marino area
- The movement of people within the territory is permitted only if this occurs in the respect of the sanitary measures detailed in the attachments no.1 of the decree-law no.68.
- The use of games, gym equipment, benches and any other structure placed in play areas in parks, gardens, public places is prohibited.
- In reason of what specified in point no. 1 (see above), the law enforcement, in the context of the control activity, is allowed to request and collect information on the movement and on the eligibility to move (as an example: not subject to quarantine, absence of feverish symptoms, etc. ..). This acquisition of information can also take place by requesting to complete specific self-certifications.
- During the outdoor activities, it is mandatory to use masks, gloves and sanitizing gel; it is mandatory to maintain social distancing and assembly is prohibited, in particular it is prohibited to:
a) get in touch with other people;
b) use objects in common with other people;
c) come into contact with surfaces (for example railings, handles, doors, handrail, intercoms);
d) enter closed rooms of any kind.
- Sports activities are allowed only individually and only outdoors. Regarding such a matter:
a) the safety distance of 4 meters must always be respected also at sports centres or facilities managed by the CONS or by individual Federations, such activities must be in compliance with the rules defined by such entities. In the case of cycling, the distance is extended to 20 meters;
b) the accompaniment of minors or people who are not self-sufficient in the exercise of motor and sports activities is allowed;
c) hunting and training of dogs also fall within the scope of the activities permitted by this paragraph;
d) Sports activities in the individual form at sports facilities also indoors (gyms, swimming pools and the like) managed by the CONS or by individual Federations are allowed only for competitive and national athletes indicated by the CONS and the Federations.
e) Outdoor walks are also allowed in collective form only for members of the same family or people permanently living together.
- Access to cemeteries is allowed starting from Sunday 10th of May 2020 in compliance with the rules of social distancing and use of the protection devices mentioned above.
- It remains compulsory for subjects with symptoms of respiratory infection and fever (higher than 37 ° C) to remain home and limit social contacts as much as possible. People with symptoms must contact the following number 0549.994001; people subjected to the quarantine measure or tested positive for the virus must stay home and cannot leave their premises. For those people, absence from home is punished with an administrative sanction.
Article no. 2
Movements outside the territory
- Movement from the territory of San Marino to another territory across the border is allowed only for:
a) proven needs for subordinate work or other work needs such as professional services or delivery of goods; b) returning home/residence;
c) proven health reasons.
- The movement from the territory of San Marino to the Italian regions of Emilia Romagna and the Marche, in compliance with the provisions in force therein, is allowed not only for the reasons referred to in paragraph 1 (work, return and health) but also to visit relatives:
– the spouses;
– cohabiting partners;
– partners of civil unions;
– people who are linked by a stable emotional bond;
– relatives up to the sixth grade;
– relatives up to the fourth degree.
Visits to residential health or social-health structures must be permitted only in compliance with the access rules provided by the regulations in force in the aforementioned territories and premises.
- Movements outside the territory must be individual except for:
a) visits to relatives by persons who are permanently living with one another or belonging to the same family, this possibility is extended to a maximum of two people and it is subject to the provisions in force in the territories referred to in paragraph 2 above.
b) accompanying people that are travelling for health reasons.
- In addition to the reasons already mentioned in paragraphs 1 and 2, moving from the territory of San Marino to the provinces of Rimini and Pesaro-Urbino only, in compliance with the regulations in force therein, is permitted when individuals have to:
a) reach second homes, campers, caravans or owned boats and only for maintenance and repair purposes necessary for the protection of the safety conditions of the property. The move can be exclusively individual and with the obligation to return the same day to the residence;
b) train animals and care of gardens or land owned according to the provisions in force in the aforementioned territories;
c) carry out physical and sports activities as already specified in article 1 paragraph 5, with the exception of the possibility of taking walks that do not fall within the grounds of necessity.
- In any case, movements outside the territory for the purpose of purchasing goods or services at shops, supermarkets or commercial or artisan shops are not allowed.
Movements from outside the border into the San Marino territory
- Non-residents in San Marino can move to the San Marino territory, in compliance with the provisions of the Decree-Law of 3 May 2020 n. 68, only if:
a) they have a proven needs for subordinate work or other work needs such as professional services or delivery of goods;
b) they are returning to their home;
c) proven health reasons.
- In addition to the reasons referred to in paragraph 1, non-residents of San Marino of the Emilia Romagna and Marche regions, only, can move to the territory of San Marino, to visit their relatives, accordingly to what specified in the article 2 paragraph 2 and in the same manner as referred to in the following paragraph 3 of article 2.
- In addition to the reasons referred to in paragraph 1) and paragraph 2), non-residents in San Marino of the provinces of Rimini and Pesaro-Urbino only can move within the territory of San Marino to:
a) reach second homes, campers, caravans for maintenance and repair purposes necessary to protect the safety and conservation conditions of the property. The move can be exclusively individual and with the obligation to return the same day to the residence;
b) train animals and care of gardens or land owned;
c) carry out physical and sports activities as already specified in art. 1 paragraph 5) excluding the possibility of taking walks that do not fall within the grounds of necessity.
- Movements to the San Marino territory for the purpose of purchasing goods or services at shops, supermarkets or commercial or artisan shops are not allowed, as they are not among the reasons of necessity. In addition to the reasons specified in paragraphs 1, 2, 3, residents of neighbouring municipalities can move to the territory of San Marino also for the purchase of food, fuel and other basic necessities, only if authorized by the respective local administrations.
Violations of the previous provisions are punished with an administrative fine equal to euros 1000.00 (one thousand) to be applied immediately upon verification, with the possibility of voluntary oblation.
Article no. 5
1. These provisions are to be understood as:
– valid until 31st May 2020;
– susceptible of any further additions and specifications that can be adopted on the basis the evolution of the reference regulatory framework;
– supplemented by the clarifications that each Secretariat of State may adopt for the subjects of own competence.