Dr Maurizio Bragagni
In November 2019 the Republic of San Marino appointed Dr Maurizio Bragagni, as Consul of the Republic of San Marino to the UK.
Dr Bragagni, a well established Italian-British entrepreneur, CEO of Tratos UK Ltd, is a dynamic and decisive leader in new market identification, strategic positioning, and with a proven excellent ability to incorporate innovative management techniques, systems, processes, and procedures that enhance business practices and drive organizational objectives.
As Honorary Consul of San Marino to the UK, he is making an immense contribution to promoting and nurturing friendly relations between the UK and San Marino, as well as sharpening his diplomatic and consular skills to the level of a global businessman.
Consul Bragagni has been able to use his skills in managing so successfully the Consulate of San Marino in London, which during the current Covid-19 pandemic has been able to mobilise and despatch a great help to the Republic of San Marino and beyond. In recognition of his merits during the Covid19 emergency relief to the Republic of San Marino, he was awarded the Equestrian Order of Saint Agatha.
On 12 June 2021, Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, has awarded to him the Officer of the British Empire (OBE), with the motivation “For Business and voluntary political service”.
Chartered Director and Fellow Member of the Institute of Directors, Dr Maurizio Bragagni now exercises his roles according to the IoD Code of Professional Conduct. Maurizio is keen to implement an appropriate governance structure within the organisation he works for, accompanied by robust financial management and a strong control on leadership and strategy.
He is a devoted husband and beloved father of 4 daughters.
- Knight Grand Officer of the Equestrian Order of Saint Agatha of the Most Serene Republic of San Marino, 2022
- Officer of the Glorious Order of the British Empire (OBE) for Business and voluntary political service, 2021
- Freedom of the City of London, 2020
- Freeman of the Company of Communicators, 2020
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise in Innovation, 2019
- Cavaliere of Italian Republic OMRI, 2019
- IoD National Director of the Year in Innovation Highly Recommended, 2019
- IoD North West & Isle of Man Director of the Year Awards 2019, Director in Innovation
- Member: British Cables Association, AICE, ANIE, EEF, ACI, IOD, Oil & Gas UK, Royal Society of Arts Manufacturing & Commerce (RSA), Institute of Family Business, Company of Communicators
- Chartered Director (CDir) and Fellow (FIoD) of the Institute of Director, 2021
- Bayes Business School, City University of London, England
Masters in Business Administration (MBA) 2016
- University of Pisa, Doctor of Law (Dr) Degree 2000
- The IoD Diploma in Company Direction 2020
- University of Bolton, Honorary Doctorate in Business Administration, 2019
- IOD, Certificate in Company Direction, 2019
- Bayes Business School, City University of London, Certification in Non Executive Director, 2018